View Similar On
Introduction to the Iced Tea Makers
Making iced tea is nothing like what it used to be decades ago. With the invention of iced tea makers and pitchers, making iced tea is as easy as making coffee and just as delicious. Instead of having to wait for tea bags to steep in a regular pitcher you can have iced tea in literally, minutes from the time you set up the pitcher and hit start.
Looking for the right iced tea pitcher is not terribly difficult but there are a lot of choices out there and that can make it a little complicated to figure out which is the best for your needs. With the right information you will be able to sort through all of the choices much easier.
The reviews below will give you detailed information on three of the best iced tea makers on the market and the buyer’s guide following the reviews will provide even more information that will help you make a decision on which iced tea maker is best. Our objective is to make the search much simpler and faster for you so you save time and energy.
Top Ranked Iced Tea Makers
Mr. Coffee Tea Cafe Iced Tea Maker, Black
View Similar On
Every iced tea lover will enjoy the one touch brew system that Mr. Coffee offers. Just like the ease in which it brew its coffee, brewing the iced tea is just as simple.
Brews 2.5 quarts of iced tea at a time, in minutes, with this 2-in-1 brewing for fresh iced tea using any flavor tea bags.
Included with your iced tea maker is a 2.5 quart glass pitcher, a safe brew basket, permanent filter so you can brew anything from tea sangria to your own special brew. The pitcher, basket and filter are all dishwasher safe.
The lift and clean filter basket comes out and washes easily so it stays clean. The brew strength selector switches between weaker and strong tea depending on your preferences. The auto shut off turns the tea maker off as soon as it’s done brewing.
The water filtration system removes up to 97% of chlorine for great tasting tea every time. The water reservoir shows you the exact water level as it is filled up. The glass pitcher and lid is dishwasher safe.
Takeya Iced Tea Maker Set
View Similar On
This Takeya Flash Chill Iced Tea Maker Set is perfect for brewing perfect iced tea and serving it too. It features a small brewing pitcher that is 24 ounces and a larger, 66 ounce chilling pitcher.
Both are made with Acraglass and are BPA free. They are also stain and odor proof. Acraglass is lightweight and more durable than regular glass.
The rotating lid-infuser is removable and fully gets all of the tea flavors out of the bags during the brewing process. Clean up is super simple.
The airtight twist top lids lock in the freshness and the soft grip silicone handles make for comfortable and easy pouring and transporting too.
The Takeya Iced Tea Maker Set is easy to use: just steep the tea in the brewing pitcher and transfer it into the chilling pitcher that is filled with ice. Close the air-tight lid and gently shake the chilling pitcher to make the whole pitcher of tea deliciously cold. The chilling pitcher can be stored in the fridge door or even on its side. It is dishwasher safe and includes a user guide as well.
Hamilton Beach Iced Coffee & Tea Maker
View Similar On
This iced tea brewer is another example of Hamilton Beach’s attention to quality. You can have delicious iced tea in just minutes rather than sticking tea bags in a pitcher and waiting for hours.
This iced tea maker is perfect for anyone who may only need one glass at a time, or who may not have room for a large pitcher of tea in their refrigerator, especially if they have a dorm-sized model.
College students, singles, or elderly people who don’t drink a lot at one time will all appreciate the glass by glass design of this iced tea maker. It could be a great choice for a small office as well.
There are no filters needed with this iced tea maker. You can also use your favorite ground coffee as well for delicious iced coffee drinks too.
Top Rated Iced Tea Makers Summary
Finding the right iced tea maker does not have to be frustrating or difficult. The purpose of our reviews is to tell you about three of the top selling iced tea makers on the market. All three of these choices have plenty of features that make brewing iced tea enjoyable and efficient.
Each one of these choices has its advantages from the Takeya that comes with a brewing pot AND chilling pot or the Hamilton Beach iced tea maker that conveniently brews one glass at a time. Or Mr. Coffee’s iced tea maker that brews iced tea as easily and deliciously as it does coffee.
Continue reading below to learn more information about choosing the right iced tea maker in our buyer’s guide. The guide will give you the information on what factors to consider when looking for the right iced tea maker for your home.
Iced Tea Maker Buyers Guide
About Iced Tea Maker
Iced tea is a very popular drink all over the US, especially in the south, where sweet iced tea is as American as apple pie. Making iced tea today is nothing like what it was decades ago when you had to boil water and then steep the tea for awhile. Even after the invention of cold brew bags that shortened the time somewhat, it was still time intensive.
Iced tea makers made the process of having a glass of iced tea possible in minutes rather than hours. There are many different styles of iced tea makers on the market. Choosing one could be a challenge if you don’t know what features to look for in a good iced tea maker. This guide will help you select the right one for your kitchen.
Factors to Consider
There are many things you need to consider when choosing the best iced tea maker. All of these factors above come together to make a high quality iced tea maker. When you start researching the different makers available, these are the things you want to compare so you get the best one possible for your money. These factors include:
- How often you drink tea – Do you like the occasional glass of iced tea or do you drink several glasses throughout the day and night? If you only drink a glass once in awhile you may like the iced tea makers that brew one glass at a time.
- Size and capacity – If you want to make plenty of iced tea to have on hand each day, you want to find an iced tea maker that can brew plenty of it. Many iced tea makers make anywhere from 8 ounces to a full gallon. There are plenty of choices available to accommodate the amount of tea you want to make each day.
- Cost– When you are searching for just the right iced tea maker, set a budget for yourself and then stick to it. Iced tea makers can range in price from $15 all the way up to $200 or more if you choose one of the high end commercial ones. There are plenty of price points available to fit any budget.
- Ease of use – No one wants to wrestle with a kitchen appliance. Make sure that the iced tea maker you choose isn’t overly complicated to operate. Most are relatively straightforward so this shouldn’t be too hard to do. Things like programming the tea to brew at a later time or making the tea stronger should be easy to accomplish.
- Programmability – an iced tea maker with several options is always a good thing. Look for the models that allow pre-programming for brewing, auto off, warm and other pre-set, programmable features.
- Extra features – What other features might you look for in an iced tea maker? These could be things like additional pitchers, loose tea brewing, the ability to brew iced coffee, easy to read display, easy to understand instructions, and others. The more features your iced maker has the more fun it is to use.
Cleaning Your Iced Tea Maker
Keeping your iced tea maker clean is one of the ways to make sure your iced tea always tastes great. Once you have chosen the iced tea maker you want, it’s time to maintain it so you have it for a long time. We’ve outlined some simple steps that you can do to keep it clean and in great working order.
- Unplug the Iced Tea Maker before you start the cleaning process
- Allow iced tea maker to cool down if you have just used it prior to cleaning
- Wash the pitcher, brew basket and lid by hand in warm, soapy dishwater and rinse thoroughly until the water is crystal clear.
- Using a damp rag that has been rung out, wipe down the outside of the iced tea maker to keep it free from stains and dust.
Decalcifying your Ice Tea Maker
One of the things that can happen with a coffee maker or an iced tea maker is a buildup of calcium. You need to regularly remove this buildup to keep the iced tea maker working properly and the iced tea tasting good. If you have soft water, decalcify the unit every 80 brews. If you have hard water, decalcify every 40 brews. To decalcify your iced tea maker, get common household vinegar or a special iced tea maker cleaner. Follow the simple steps bellow.
Iced tea makers changed the way the world made iced tea and made it something that could be enjoyed in minutes rather than hours. The right iced tea maker will help you enjoy delicious iced tea whenever you want. There are many things that make up a great iced tea maker. Points such as easy to use, plenty of capacity, quick brewing, auto off functions and more are all part of a great quality iced tea maker.
The information in this buyer’s guide is designed to help the buyer choose the right iced tea maker for their needs. With the right information your can be certain that you have all you need to sort through the different varieties and choose a model that will meet your iced tea needs.
Whether it’s a tall glass of sweet iced tea or delicious iced coffee that you crave, any one of the iced tea makers featured here, or a model that you choose using the information that we have provided for you on how to sort through the varieties available, you will be able to keep refreshed and cool during the hot summer months with minimal effort.